Click on image to return to gallery
Here's some shots of the chassis coming together.  We started with a pair of unboxed American Stamping rails.  And straightening them up nicely (and modifing them so the front rails would be pinched), we boxed them, finishing them up with 80 grit DA.  Once they were aligned in the frame jig and everything square, we started making the front crossmember.  We're going to make a flat front crossmember, so the car will sit just a little lower than most.  


We built in a 7 degree rake on the crossmember (taking into consideration the rake of the finished car) for proper caster.  This will help the car go nice and straight when you let go of the wheel.